MDM & Data Governance "Quick Start" Tutorial
Note that this is a separate £695 (plus VAT) add-on to the MDM Summit Europe 2013 conference taking place on Monday through Wednesday April 15-17, 2013.
Monday, April 15, 2012 from 9:30am-5pm
Radisson Blu Portman Hotel Hotel in London
- Aaron Zornes, Chief Research Officer, The MDM Institute
Here's an excellent opportunity to improve your success as an enterprise/data/solutions architect or other IT professional embarking upon your first MDM or Master Data Governance initiative. During your focused 8-hour tutorial, you'll gain the market education so that you are up to speed on the “who”, “what” and “why” of MDM. During this fast-paced tutorial, you'll learn firsthand the best practices every IT professional must know to fast-track success and minimize risk. You will hear about the best practices every IT professional must know to fast-track success and minimize risk in the MDM solution evaluation process.
This is your pre-conference opportunity to meet with the “godfather of MDM” to ask the questions and set your own personalized agenda to maximize your conference experience. The speaker’s reputation for cutting through the hype to deliver a no-nonsense view of what you need to know will provide insights into proven approaches to delivering business value along with the insiders’ view of strategic implications of these fast-evolving technologies.
Set your own personalized agenda to maximize your MDM SUMMIT experience the following two days. Combining presentations, small group discussions, and case studies, the this Boot Camp’s proven agenda is practical, personal, and uniquely tailored to the needs of the participants.
The MDM Institute's chief research officer will share real world insights from surveys and discussions with over 1,500 MDM programs to provide guidance concerning:
- Initiating a successful MDM or MDG program
- Convincing the business to take a leadership role with the goal to deliver measurable ROI
- Choosing the right MDM and MDG solutions despite a rapidly churning market -- multi-domain MDM, BPM, reference data management, hierarchy management, identity resolution, big data, social CRM, semantic databases, and more
- Establishing key MDM strategic planning assumptions
- Business imperatives 2013-14
- Technical challenges 2013-14
- Deployment strategies
- Justification strategies
- MDM futures -- big data, reference data management, master data governance, BPM, etc.
- Determining MDM evaluation criteria
- "Top 10" evaluation criteria in use by large IT organisations
- Reviewing case studies as templates for “out of box” MDM strategising
- Requirements on industry & "use case" basis
- Leveraging the experience & opinions of others via MDM Field Reports
- Software – DataFlux, IBM MDM Server (WCC/WPC), IBM Initiate Master Data Services, Informatica Multi-Entity MDM (Siperian), Microsoft Master Data Services, Oracle (Customer Data Hub, Universal Customer Master, & Hyperion DRM, Fusion MDM), SAP Master Data Governance, SAP NetWeaver MDM, Siperian Hub, Software AG DataFoundations, Teradata MDM, TIBCO CIM, & VisionWare
- SIs – Accenture, Atos Origin, BT, Business & Decisions, Cognizant, IBM GBS, TCS, Wipro, et al
- Q&A & wrap-up